SPSS is a statistical and data analysis program that has a wide scope. It has a broad range of applications from relatively simple calculations of frequencies, developing lists/charts to far more advance computations related to variance analysis, and multivariate statistical analysis. With the use of SPSS, one can express a possible outcome with a strong assurance, thus enabling you to solve complex problems, and make smart decisions. Although SPSS is extensively used in social science, it is also popular among market researchers, health researchers, survey companies, academic institutions, government organizations, financial corporations, insurance companies, manufacturers, retailers, and so on. SPSS is well recognized as a simple software package that runs on multiple platforms like Windows, UNIX, and Macintosh. We believe that SPSS is a powerful software package for data analytics, reporting and data modeling that is well adjustable for adaptation to various environments.
Approved for an extensive use in the field of social science, SPSS is a statistical and data analysis software package that is also widely used along the fields of market research, health science, survey companies, academic institutions, government agencies, financial corporations, insurance companies, manufacturing companies, and so on. With the use of SPSS, one can conduct statistical analysis of data to predict outcomes, solve complex problems, and make intelligent decisions. We believe that SPSS is a powerful software package for data analytics, and thus we focus on training our students with the practical approaches to make the best use of SPSS software. We conduct a comprehensive training by first leading through the basics of how to use SPSS for descriptive statistics, and then continue to train on conducting complex statistical analysis. In addition, we train our trainees to perform data entry, data analysis, statistical tests, and make presentations using pictorial graphs and tables. In fact, SPSS can handle large amount of data, perform analyses, and automate the process of running statistical tests. Moreover, SPSS is a robust software that can conduct sophisticated statistical analysis, handle complex statistical tests, and has an easy-to-use graphical interface. Hence, the proficiency you can obtain through our training course in using SPSS can come in handy for individuals, who need to undertake a research project in almost any discipline or for professionals who need to conduct qualitative/quantitative analysis of the organizational data. We intend to help our trainees learn the use of SPSS for performing statistical analysis extending from basic descriptive statistics such as mean, median, mode to advance inferential statistics such as regression model, analysis of variance, factor analysis, and so on. Upon completion of our training course, one should be able to perform basic data management tasks, conduct statistical analysis, interpret the data, and generate tables/graphs that summarize data. Since SPSS, as a statistical and data analysis program has a wide scope and broad range of applications in several research disciplines, the skills you acquire through our SPSS Training Course can serve you well in your academic, and professional pursuits.
Objectives of the course
The main objectives of our training course are:
- To help the trainees learn the use of SPSS for data management, analysis of variance, regression analysis, logistic regression, multilevel analysis, and general statistics
- To fulfill the needs of professionals who need to learn how to complete basic tasks in SPSS, and interpret the output from various statistical procedures
- To provide the sound knowledge of regression analysis, and improve the skills in using regression analysis through SPSS
- To help the trainees learn how to use SPSS syntax
- To learn the step-by-step process for conducting common analyses in SPSS
- To help you develop a preliminary statistical selection guide to help you plan your analysis
- To provide real world examples to exercise SPSS skills in order to improve professional skills for the purpose of real time situations of data gathering, analysis and compelling presentation
In addition, the use of real-life cases provide the trainees with the workable tips, inside information, tricks, and the solid understanding of how SPSS works
Who can join the course?
This training program is ideal for individuals who are at the beginner’s level of using SPSS. At this level, trainees are taught to learn the basics of SPSS, and the methods to utilize primary statistical procedures. In addition, this course is also appropriate for professionals who need to perform data and statistical analysis across various platforms.
- Our training program caters to the needs of educational and research communities.
- Our training course is also appropriate for researchers and professionals who need to analyze their organizational data.
Finally, our training course can be joined by:
- Professionals who require qualitative and quantitative analysis in academic disciplines of social and management research
- Individuals/Users that need to analyze large amount of quantitative data, and quickly/accurately carry out statistical analysis of that data
- Individuals whose job roles require analyzing data, and performing data analysis speedily and efficiently in the best possible manner
- Individuals who are involved in carrying out research projects
SPSS Course Syllabus
- Introduction to SPSS
- Data manipulation and data management
- Statistical analysis using SPSS
- Advanced statistical analysis
- Analysis of variance (ANOVA)
- Time series analysis and forecasting
- Survey Analysis
- Advanced SPSS custom table
- SPSS complex samples
How is this course taught?
We begin with the fundamentals of SPSS, teaching our trainees the basic capabilities of SPSS, the use of descriptive and inferential statistics, statistical tests, and exploring data through graphical approaches. Next, we move on to the methods of entering, modifying, managing, and analyzing raw data into the software, and further explore the basic and intermediate management concepts in SPSS. Further, the trainees will have a hands-on experience of using SPSS for statistical analysis, graphical presentation, and complex data management. Our course content further includes wide range of topics from probability, hypothesis testing, statistical significance, and exploring relationships using simple correlation and multiple regressions.
Why this course at Training Nepal?
At IT Training Nepal, we focus on the practical approaches to make the best use of SPSS software in order to realize its maximum benefits. We conduct a comprehensive training by leading through the basics of statistical analysis, methods of importing spreadsheets, performing regression analysis, and exporting charts. Further, we train our students to build charts, calculate descriptive statistics (means and standard deviation), use inferential statistics (t-tests and chi-squares), enter/read data, model associations with correlations, contingency tables, and multiple regressions analysis, and share the data through presentations. Our training modules are fully hands-on computer based course.
- Use SPSS to input raw data, analyze data, interpret those data, and finally present the results in the most meaningful way
- Learn the appropriate use of statistical tests that complements the objectives of your data analysis, and dependent/independent variables
- Gain the concepts of descriptive statistical techniques along with advanced statistical analysis concepts in order to apply such techniques to analyze data that are relevant to the needs of your research project
Scope and Opportunities
Statistical analysis is being used in every business sector for market survey and product research. SPSS is a user friendly statistical analysis tool used to for data manipulation, analysis and forecasting. SPSS is a leading software package used in predictive analysis and solution generating in almost every existing industry.
The trainees after completing the SPSS training course can seek to pursue any of the following career paths:
- Statistical Analyst
- Data quality manager
- Data reporting and analyst
- Quality analyst
- Market Research analyst
- R&D expert
- Warehouse developer
- Data Scientist
- Research Assistant
- SPSS programmer
The average salary of a SPSS professional in USA is $71,000 per year. Whereas, according to recent statistic the average salary of a SPSS professional in India is Nrs. 650,000 per year.